Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
1 Day Litchfield National Park Safari
Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Included in price:
- • Professional guide • Air conditioned coach (max 24 passengers) • Lunch • Drinking water (please provide your own bottle) • Reference library
- What to bring:
- • Walking shoes/boots • Water bottle ( 1.5 litres) • Swim wear (towel) • Sunscreen • Wide brimmed hat • Insect repellent • Camera
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- • Children ages 5 and 15 years • Not suitable for children under 5 years.
- Departure points:
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- • From all Darwin and surrounding areas hotels & hostels • Phone 48 hours prior for departure time • Pick ups commence from 7AM • All information listed on travel documents
- 10 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- Wayoutback Australian Safaris
- Darwin and Litchfield National Park
- Departs From
This fantastic tour to the Litchfield National Park is a feast for the senses. Be absolutely amazed at what nature has achieved in this pristine region, from gigantic termite mounds to cool, clear pools and swimming holes.
• Visit the multi-talented termites as they build their unbelievable termite mounds
• Stand in awe at the spectacular Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and Buley Rockhole
• Travel with a professional guide in air conditioned comfort
• Enjoy a delicious lunch. Complimentary drinking water and reference library are all provided
We start this superb tour at 7 am from Darwin’s CBD accommodations and you’ll hop aboard your comfortable tour vehicle for the most exciting, fun-filled day imaginable. Travelling one and a half hours south of Darwin through some spectacular landscapes, you’ll find yourself in a completely different world.
Your first stop is at the astonishing termite mounds, where you’ll witness the amazing architectural achievements of these tiny little critters. These ‘high rise’ structures are complete with tunnels, arches, nursery chambers, chimneys and – like all up-market homes – are fully insulated. The mounds are either cathedral or magnetic in type and can be easily viewed from the formal viewing area and boardwalk, with simply sensational photo opportunities.
Next, It’s back on the bus for an impressive look and maybe a refreshing swim or dip in the crystal clear waters of the plunge pool at Florence Falls. Watch these multi-layered falls cascade and sparkle through a lush green pocket of monsoonal forest. An easy, three-minute walk to the lookout and you will be astounded as you survey the gorge, view the spectacular scenery and compare the vivid contrast of monsoonal rainforest and the dry sandstone highland of these falls.
At your next destination, you’ll go to Wangi Falls – the popular (and probably the best-known) attraction in Litchfield National Park. As you sit and relax, you can soak up the beauty on the expansive and perfectly manicured gardens of the picnic area and watch the thunderous torrent of water as it cascades over two magnificent falls. Alternatively, stretch your legs and have a stroll on one of the various walking tracks.
Then, you’ll peruse the cascading pools of Buley Rockhole. This extremely popular swimming spot is the perfect place to wind down after exploring this magnificent park. Wade and waddle through the pools and absorb the scenic surrounds, or just sit and rejuvenate in the cool waters as it rolls gently over your shoulders.
With stunning natural wonders all around you, enjoy an easy walk through the monsoon rainforest, all the while listening and looking to the sights and sounds of the abundant colourful birdlife. At the same time, keep your eye open for other local native wildlife.
You’ll arrive back at your Darwin accommodation at 5:30 pm, after a wonderful day in the wide open spaces of the Northern Territory.