Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Litchfield's Gold - Wild & Wet
- Included in price:
- Owner guide, door to door pickup/drop offs, very small group (max. 11 guest), spacious vehicle, home made treats, morning & afternoon tea, lunch (Top End BBQ - featuring Kangaroo Tenderloin with Bush Rub, seasonal salad w/super buffalo sausages), environmentally sensitive sunscreen & insect repellent, swimming mask/goggles, ice cold water ... & plenty of stories !
- What to bring:
- Hat, water bottle (500-1000ml), camera, walking shoes, thongs, towel, sunglasses, a big smile, swim wear
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Minimum age of 8 year old applies to all children participating in our 'Litchfield's Gold' adventure. Children are to accompanied by a guardian at all times with full responsibility for the child being assumed by the attending guardian/s.
- Departure points:
- Darwin, Northern Territory
Darwin Harbour, Northern Territory
Cullen Bay, Northern Territory
Palmerston, Northern Territory
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- We offer a door to door service from private and commercial premises in: Darwin Northern Suburbs - 0640 to 0650 Darwin City - 0700 to 0715 Palmerston (from Quest Palmerston) - 0720 to 0730 Howard Springs (from Big 4 caravan Park) - 0720 to 0730 Note: Please be ready at the earliest time indicated for your pickup area to enable prompt departure for the whole team :)
- Approx. 10 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- 1730 pm
- ethical adventures NT
- Litchfield National Park, Fogg Dam and Batchelor
- Departs From
- Darwin, Darwin Harbour, Cullen Bay and Palmerston
Immerse yourself in the flora and fauna of Fogg Dam. Enjoy an amazing Aussie BBQ lunch & explore the raw beauty of Litchfield National Park on the Litchfield’s Gold - Wild & Wet
Greet the outback sunrise as you are picked up from your accommodation around 0700 am by Rob or Tracey and relax in our comfortable Mercedes touring vehicle. As the golden rays highlight the warm, red tones of the landscape, you’ll head south east on your way to Fogg Dam and a mad house of birds, wallabies, crocodiles and random wildlife. Plenty of time for photos or to just sit and watch the antics as you sip on a lovely cup of tea whilst enjoying our homemade mango muffins.
Following morning tea we’ll make way for the iconic country township of Batchelor. Situated on the doorstep of Litchfield National Park this is the perfect place to take a moment and get a feel for country life in the NT.
When the time is right we then head towards Litchfield National Park. Here, you’ll find yourself in awe more than once as you explore this unique and untouched wilderness. Walking through this ancient landscape, looking for secretive wildlife hidden amongst primordial rock formations covered in diverse Gondwanian flora.
You may choose to hike through the monsoonal rainforests, past creeks and onto cliffs for that perfect photo opportunity. Perhaps you’d like to cool off with a swim or snorkel under a clear, spring-fed waterfall, or just relax on the banks, admiring the views. Whatever mood you are in, there is an activity to suit you.
At some point though the sun will begin it’s decent which means it is time for us to call it a day. This usually means we will have you back in the city around 5.30pm.
1. Home cooked snacks and refreshments
2. Spacious & comfortable Mercedes touring vehicle
3. Maximum group size of only 11 guests
4. Flexible itinerary & absolutely no rushing
5. Guaranteed diverse wildlife viewing and photographic opportunities
5. Degree Qualified Guide. B.Eng (natural resources). MSci (resource science)
6. Reference books, links and materials available
7. Commitment to conservation ideals
Please Note: This tour requires participants to have a moderate level of fitness and agility.