Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Three Day 4WD Buffalo Dreaming Top End Safari
Tour Operates from May to October.
Tour recommended for passengers from 18 to 40 years of age.
Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
*Twin and Jim Jim Falls may not be accessible between the shoulder periods of May-Jun and October. During this time we will visit Gunlom Falls, Maguk or the Yurmikmik Region (Motor Car Falls or Boulder Creek)
National Park entry fees are paid directly on the first day of the tour. The adult fee is $40 from April to October.
The Twin Falls Boat Shuttle Fee of $12.50 is not included and is payable direct on day of cruise.
Tour commentary is in English only, however multilingual translations for Italian, German and French are available onboard.
- Included in price:
- Professional guide, travel in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle (maximum 17 guests), meals (as indicated), camping equipment and fees including tent and mattress, drinking water (please provide your own bottle).
- What to bring:
- Torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (available to hire for $30), toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days. Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kg). Excess luggage should be stored at your Darwin accommodation.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children under the age of 16 years are not accepted on this tour.
- Departure points:
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Departure time:
6:30 AM Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- We collect and return guests from all Darwin and surrounds accommodations. Departure time will be confirmed by phoning our reservations department on the number provided in your travel documents 48 hours prior to departure. Pick ups commence from 6.30 am.
- 3 Days/2 Nights
- Approximate Return Time:
- Day 3 @ 5.30pm
The above prices include $52.50 per person, which is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel.Click on a price to view more options and details.
- Wayoutback Australian Safaris
- Kakadu National Park, Litchfield National Park, Mary River Wetlands, Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls
- Departs From
This 3 day four wheel drive adventure offers a value for money Top End experience which features wildlife, waterfalls, wetlands and Aboriginal art and culture. You will explore the landscape and waterfalls of Kakadu National Park (world heritage listed for both its cultural and natural values), and search for crocodiles and other wildlife on a billabong cruise in the Mary River Wetlands. Swim in plunge pools under waterfalls in Litchfield National Park and learn about the Aboriginal Dreamtime from your guide. Utilising private campsites with a mix of swag and basic tents, this budget Safari is perfectly suited for those looking for an Adventure Safari without breaking the bank.
3 DAY ITINERARY
Day 1 - (Lunch / Dinner)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 6.30am where our Top End adventure begins as we travel to the Mary River Wetlands for our cruise. This region is home to over 250 bird species and has the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the Southern Hemisphere. Search for the mighty crocs who rule this waterway, buffalo, birds and other wildlife. Our entrance to Kakadu National Park is at the South Alligator River, a picturesque location for a picnic lunch. There’s the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Bowali Visitor Centre before our late afternoon arrival at Ubirr. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. As the day draws to a close we head to our private campsite for dinner and our overnight stay.
• Crocodile and Wildlife cruise • Bowali Visitor Centre • Ubirr
Day 2 - (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
This morning the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. After breakfast and departing camp we travel off road to the majestic Twin and Jim Jim Falls* for a day of adventure and exploration. Travelling into Twin Falls by 4WD track, a boat shuttle and finally a rocky track and boardwalk we will be rewarded by the beauty of this remote waterfall deep within Kakadu National Park. Afterwards we stay off the beaten track where a walk through monsoon forests and over boulders lead us to Jim Jim Falls. Surrounded by 150 metre cliffs, we spend some time soaking up the natural beauty of this majestic location. This afternoon we depart Kakadu National Park and travel towards Litchfield National Park where we will stop along the way at our private campsite. Tonight, enjoy a hearty meal with your fellow adventurers.
• Twin and Jim Jim Falls
Day 3 - (Breakfast / Lunch)
Today is spent exploring the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Marvel at the intriguing magnetic and cathedral termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls*. Discover the many rock holes and cascading waterfalls of Buley Rockhole before our early evening arrival back in Darwin.
• Termite mounds • Florence Falls • Wangi Falls • Buley Rockhole
Passengers are accommodated in our permanent tents, and will be sleeping on a Mattress/swag. Sleeping bag hire is available for $30 per person.
Prices & Availability
Sorry, 26 March 2017 was not available.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Three Day 4WD Buffalo Dreaming Top End Safari