Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Three Day 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Top End Safari
Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
*Access to Twin and Jim Jim Falls cannot be guaranteed during the tropical summer months (approx May to June). At this time they will be substituted with locations such as Gunlom, Maguk (Barramundi Falls), Yurmikmik or Gubara Springs.
* Wangi Falls may not be accessible. During this time we will provide an alternative or spend more time in locations visited.
National Park entry fees are paid directly on the first day of the tour. The adult fee is $25 from November to March and $40 from April to October.
The Twin Falls Boat Shuttle Fee of $12.50 is not included and is payable direct on day of cruise.
Tour commentary is in English only, however multilingual translations for Italian, German and French are available onboard.
- Included in price:
- Professional guide, travel in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle, all meals (as listed on itineraries), camping equipment and fees including permanent tent with beds and mattress. All linen including pillow and pillowcase, fitted sheet, sleeping bag hire, towel and drinking water (please provide your own bottle).
- What to bring:
- Torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (available for hire for $30), toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days. Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kg). Excess luggage should be stored at your Darwin accommodation.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Not suitable for children under 5 years. Child Rate applicable for 5-15 years. Family price applies to 2 adults and 2 children between the age of 5 and 15 years.
- Departure points:
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Pick up and drop off from Darwin hostel and hotel accommodation. Please call our Reservations Team at least 48 hours prior to departure to confirm pick-up location and time. Please advise any dietary requirements or medical conditions when confirming reservation. Most dietary needs are catered for if advised no later than 48 hours prior to departure.
- 3 days / 2 nights
- Approximate Return Time:
- 5.30pm on day 3.
The above prices include $52.50 per person, which is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel.Click on a price to view more options and details.
- Wayoutback Australian Safaris
- Darwin, Kakadu National Park, Litchfield National Park, Ubirr, Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls
- Departs From
This is a 3 day four wheel drive Top End adventure Safari with a touch of style and quality. Travelling with a maximum of 17 people in purpose built 4-wheel drive vehicles, stay in our private campsites complete with permanent safari tents, swim in plunge pools under waterfalls in Litchfield National Park. Learn about Aboriginal Culture from your guide at the Aboriginal art sites of Nourlangie and Ubirr and explore the landscape and waterfalls of Kakadu National Park (World Heritage listed for both its cultural and natural values), travel along rocky 4-wheel drive tracks and take part in an iconic Yellow Waters Cruise.
ITINERARY (May - October)
Day 1 - (Lunch, Dinner)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 7.00am for the short journey to Litchfield National Park. Explore the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Discover intriguing cathedral and magnetic termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls* and enjoy a picnic lunch.
After lunch we leave the highway behind and hit the dirt travelling along the Marrakai Road before joining the Old Jim Jim Road taking us deep into Kakadu National Park. Travelling past billabongs and traversing water crossings bringing ample opportunity for wildlife spotting. Arrive at our private campsite complete with comfortable permanent tents at Cooinda where we spend the night enjoying dinner and some stargazing.
• Florence Falls • Wangi Falls • Outback tracks and 4 Wheel Driving
Day 2 - (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Awake for breakfast this morning before joining an iconic Yellow Waters Cruise. A must do activity within Kakadu National Park, the award winning Yellow Waters cruise is Aboriginal owned and centres around a spectacular billabong system that is home to some remarkable and diverse wildlife. Spotting crocodiles is only one of the many wildlife viewing opportunities on this unique water system.
Departing camp we travel to nearby Nourlangie Rock. Here you can see how local Aboriginal people lived in this area through changing times. Environmental and social changes are reflected in the rock art and in the ground, where archaeologists have uncovered over 20,000 years of Aboriginal occupation.
After lunch visit the Bowali Visitor Centre, a Gun-djeihmi name for the local area and creek on land owned by the Mirarr clan. See the audio-visual presentations and Marrawuddi Gallery showcasing Aboriginal art by artists from within Kakadu and the wider region.
Later this afternoon we arrive at the culturally significant Aboriginal art site of Ubirr, located within the East Alligator region of the park. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. After learning about the area, it’s time to pick out a quiet spot to sit while we watch the sun set over the Kakadu escarpment before making the short journey to our private and permanent campsite for the night.
• Yellow Waters morning cruise • Nourlangie Aboriginal art site • Bowali Visitor Centre • Ubirr art site and sunset
Day 3 - (Breakfast, Lunch)
Today the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. Departing early we travel to Twin and Jim Jim Falls. Explore Twin Falls Gorge which is accessed by 4-wheel drive track, a boat shuttle service and a rocky walking track and boardwalk. Once there relax on the sandy banks and admire the falls. There’s more 4-wheel driving as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls where a walk through monsoon forest and over boulders takes us to the waterfall and plunge pool which are surrounded by 150 metre cliffs.
Spend the afternoon taking in the sheer beauty of your spectacular surrounds before we make our way back to Darwin and your accommodation after three magical days of adventure and wildlife, rich in cultural history and natural beauty.
• Twin Falls • Jim Jim Falls
^^^WET SEASON Itinerary applies from November to April. See below for details.^^^
DAY 1 (LUNCH / DINNER)
Departing Darwin at 7am, the first stop on your adventure is Ubirr Rock, one of the main cultural sites within the park. At Ubirr you can view a wide range of Aboriginal rock art which will be interpreted by your guide. Here you will learn about the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for excellent views over the surrounding floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. In the afternoon visit the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn about the 40,000 years of aboriginal occupation within the park. Late afternoon enjoy a crocodile cruise on the Yellow Waters billabong. A must do activity within Kakadu National Park, the award winning Yellow Waters cruise is Aboriginal owned and centres around a spectacular billabong system that is home to some remarkable and diverse wildlife. Spotting crocodiles is only one of the many wildlife viewing opportunities on this unique water system.
Tonight enjoy dinner and an overnight stay at our private campsite located at Cooinda.
● Yellow Waters Cruise ● Ubirr Rock ● Warradjan Cultural Centre ● Cooinda
DAY 2 (BREAKFAST / LUNCH / DINNER)
Today enjoy a half day hike and swim at the beautiful Gubara Springs* and/or Gunlom Falls*, and walk to the top of the Nawurlandja lookout with spectacular views over Kakadu. Late afternoon we will drive to Mount Bundy, close by Litchfield National Park and spend tonight at our private permanent campsite with your fellow travellers.
● Gunlom Falls ● Gubara Springs ● Nawurlandja Lookout ● Mount Bundy Homestead
DAY 3 (BREAKFAST / LUNCH)
Enjoy the short journey to Litchfield National Park. Explore the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield. Discover intriguing cathedral and magnetic termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls* (water level dependent) as well as Buley Rockhole. Return to Darwin in the early evening.
● Termite mounds ● Florence Falls ● Wangi Falls ● Buley Rockhole
Prices & Availability
Prices for 29 April 2017.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Three Day 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Top End Safari
Accommodated Twin Share Upgrade (per person)
Accommodated Twin Share Upgrade (per person). Upgrades are subject to confirmation by the tour operator after booking. Please consider contacting us to check availability first.
Adults: $320.00 | Children: – | Family: – | Pensioners: $320.00