Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Four Day 4WD Arnhem Land Dreaming Top End Safari
Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
*Access to Twin and Jim Jim Falls cannot be guaranteed during the tropical summer months (approx May to June). At this time they will be substituted with locations such as Gunlom, Maguk (Barramundi Falls), Yurmikmik or Gubara Springs.
*Wangi Falls may not be accessible. During this time we will provide an alternative or spend more time in locations visited.
National Park entry fees are paid directly on the first day of the tour. The adult fee is $25 from November to March and $40 from April to October.
The Twin Falls Boat Shuttle Fee of $12.50 is not included and is payable direct on day of cruise.
Tour commentary is in English only, however multilingual translations for Italian, German and French are available onboard.
- Included in price:
- Professional guide, travel in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle, all meals (as listed on itineraries), camping equipment and fees including permanent tent with beds and mattress. All linen including pillow and pillowcase, fitted sheet, sleeping bag, towel and drinking water (please provide your own bottle).
- What to bring:
- Torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own), toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 4 days. Note: Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kg). Excess luggage should be stored at your accommodation.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Not suitable for children under 5 years. Child Rate applicable for 5-15 years
- Departure points:
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Mon, Wed, Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- We collect and return guests from Darwin hostel and hotel accommodations. Picks up begin approximately 6.30am. Departure time will be confirmed by phoning our reservations department 48 hours prior to departure. Tour operates from June to October only.
- 4 days / 3 nights
- Approximate Return Time:
- 5.30pm on Day 4.
The above prices include $52.50 per person, which is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel.Click on a price to view more options and details.
- Wayoutback Australian Safaris
- Adelaide River, Kakadu National Park, Litchfield National Park, Arnhem Land, Mary River Wetlands, Ubirr, Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls
- Departs From
The ultimate Top End Adventure awaits for those seeking an Indigenous experience. Explore Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks by small group 4 x 4, get up close and personal to a crocodile on a boat cruise, visit the jewels of Kakadu, Twin & Jim Jim Falls and spend a day in remote Arnhem Land where you will see Ancient Rock art with an Indigenous guide and spend your nights in private campsites, cooking over the campfire and marvelling at the clear Southern skies where stars are plenty.
Day 1 - (Lunch, Dinner)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 7.00am for the short journey to Litchfield National Park. Explore the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Discover intriguing cathedral and magnetic termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls* and enjoy a picnic lunch.
After lunch we leave the highway behind and hit the dirt travelling along the Marrakai Road before joining the Old Jim Jim Road taking us deep into Kakadu National Park. Travelling past billabongs and traversing water crossings bringing ample opportunity for wildlife spotting. Arrive at our private campsite complete with comfortable permanent tents at Cooinda where we spend the night enjoying dinner and some stargazing.
• Florence Falls • Wangi Falls • Outback tracks and 4 Wheel Driving
Day 2 - (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Awake for breakfast this morning before joining an iconic Yellow Waters Cruise. A must do activity within Kakadu National Park, the award winning Yellow Waters cruise is Aboriginal owned and centres around a spectacular billabong system that is home to some remarkable and diverse wildlife. Spotting crocodiles is only one of the many wildlife viewing opportunities on this unique water system.
Departing camp we travel to nearby Nourlangie Rock. Here you can see how local Aboriginal people lived in this area through changing times. Environmental and social changes are reflected in the rock art and in the ground, where archaeologists have uncovered over 20,000 years of Aboriginal occupation.
After lunch visit the Bowali Visitor Centre, a Gun-djeihmi name for the local area and creek on land owned by the Mirarr clan. See the audio-visual presentations and Marrawuddi Gallery showcasing Aboriginal art by artists from within Kakadu and the wider region.
Later this afternoon we arrive at the culturally significant Aboriginal art site of Ubirr, located within the East Alligator region of the park. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. After learning about the area, it’s time to pick out a quiet spot to sit while we watch the sun set over the Kakadu escarpment before making the short journey to our private and permanent campsite for the night.
• Yellow Waters morning cruise • Nourlangie Aboriginal art site • Bowali Visitor Centre • Ubirr art site and sunset
Day 3 - (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Today the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. Departing early we travel to Twin and Jim Jim Falls. Explore Twin Falls Gorge which is accessed by 4-wheel drive track, a boat shuttle service and a rocky walking track and boardwalk. Once there relax on the sandy banks and admire the falls. There’s more 4-wheel driving as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls where a walk through monsoon forest and over boulders takes us to the waterfall and plunge pool which are surrounded by 150 metre cliffs.
Spend the afternoon taking in the sheer beauty of your spectacular surrounds before we make our way back to camp for our last night in the wilderness.
• Twin Falls • Jim Jim Falls
DAY 4 - (Breakfast, Lunch)
Today, a once in a lifetime experience awaits. Travelling into remote Western Arnhem Land you will witness Ancient Aboriginal Art brought to life by your indigenous guide at Injalak Hill. Take in the amazing views across the escarpment before travelling to the Injalak Art Centre where you say goodbye to your Indigenous guide and hello to some amazing art on offer or simply watch the indigenous artists at work. Travel back into Kakadu National Park before returning to cosmopolitan Darwin and tales of the days adventures whilst reflecting on the profound effect this magical place has on people.
● Arnhem Land ● Injalak Hill Rock Art ● Injalak Art Centre
Prices & Availability
Sorry, 28 April 2017 was not available.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Four Day 4WD Arnhem Land Dreaming Top End Safari